I’m sorry for being away for a while. So the move finally happened and according to my driver license, I’m officially a Jersey girl. I had to put blogging aside to make room for all the packing and unpacking I had to do. Anyway, I think there’s still enough summer days left to make this count. I have been making this dish for quite some time now but I don’t know why it never made it here. But I am sorry for the poor photo. It looks like a salad bowl but it really is a taco.
Without further ado…
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken (it doesn’t matter which part), cubed
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- S&P to taste
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, rinsed
- 2 large plum tomatoes, cubed
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- a handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup 2% fat greek yogurt
- shredded cheese
- In a non-stick skillet, heat cooking oil over medium heat. Add chicken, Chili powder, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika and bbq sauce. Mix thoroughly and allow to cook about 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, add tomatoes, avocado, red onion, cilantro and lemon juice and mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed. This is your salsa.
- Time to build your taco! On a lettuce, spread yogurt, salsa, chicken and top with shredded cheese. Enjoy!
This recipe is super easy. It should only take about 10 minutes to prepare the fruits for the salsa. You can always use traditional taco shells or tortilla and forget about the lettuce altogether, unless you want to shred it and add into your taco. You can also add some corn and black beans. You can always use guacamole but I chose to cut up the avocados because ready-made guacamoles can be a little costly and making them myself defeats the whole purpose of having a quick meal. It is fiesta indeed!