- Spinach (about 2-3 cups, packed)
- Basil (10 leaves or more)
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 1/2 Pine nuts, roasted (I used walnuts in this recipe)
- Olive oil
- 2 gloves of garlic
- S & P to taste
- Bucatini or any pasta of your choice (had to use tortellini, it was the only one left in my pantry)
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on pasta box.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients in a food processor and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Pulse ingredients together then puree while adding a stream of olive oil as you go. Puree until you reach a homogenous mixture.
- Add S & P to taste and pulse for a couple more seconds.
- In a separate pan, place pasta. Cook over low heat and pour pesto sauce. Mix until all the noodles are coated.
*You can use any pasta of your choice but since this is not a full bodied sauce, you might want to stick to the ones with more surface area for the sauce to adhere to. Fetuccine works well. This is just a suggestion, like what I said, feel free to use any pasta you want.
*When you are ready to eat, drizzle a little truffle oil. It adds character and intensifies the flavor from the pine nuts.