Here’s how I started my Saturday.
It would’ve been perfect if I didn’t forget to get milk or cream. I had to drink my coffee black.
I wasn’t supposed to make this until tomorrow, Sunday. It didn’t turn out ok. I wasn’t in the mood to make this. That’s what happens when I am in a certain sort of funk and make something. It doesn’t turn out ok. And the Wegmans brand ricotta wasn’t the best. Plus they’re freshness seal didn’t seem to want to come off. I had to cut the thin film with a knife since I have managed to pry all the peel-off tabs but the actual film.
- Ricotta cheese
- Strawberries (sliced, whichever way you wish)
- Chocolate Syrup (warm)
- Prepared crepes
- Sugar (optional)
- Prepare strawberries by sprinkling granulated sugar and letting it sit for a few minutes. This can be prepared overnight and can be stored in the fridge for days. Sugar brings out the juice and gives you automatic strawberry syrup. (This is optional, you can use fresh, just-cut strawberries.)
- Mix 1 tsp. of sugar with the ricotta. (also, optional).
- Carefully place prepared crepe on a flatware, spread a thin layer of ricotta. Fold into quarters.
- Place sliced strawberries on top and drizzle chocolate syrup.
Maybe it would’ve been better if I actually put some sugar in the ricotta. I haven’t had ricotta in other recipes but in lasagna. I had to adjust my palate to the texture of the ricotta in this one. I don’t know what to think. I think I like a kind of cheese that is more tart and sharp. I don’t know. hmmm….